CADAS partners with local middle and high schools to
provide an evidence-based alcohol and drug prevention
program. This program is designed to help teens
develop the knowledge and skills needed to make better
choices, improve emotional health and coping skills,
increase positive peer interactions, improve family ties
and relationships, and help improve their overall
behavior and educational success.
The prevention program achieves this through the use of education and experiential activities on topics such as:
- Knowledge & Healthy Attitudes about Alcohol, Tobacco, & Other Drugs
- Understanding the Difference between Substance Use, Abuse, & Addiction
- Recognizing Consequences of Substance Use & Negative Behaviors that Stem from Use.
- Goal Setting and Making Lasting Changes
- The Importance of Positive Support
- Improving Healthy Communication and Expression of Feelings
- Developing Conflict Resolution Skills
- Setting Healthy Boundaries with Friends, Family, & Other Relationships
- Refusal Skill Building and Relapse Prevention
Other Prevention Services
In addition to the school prevention program, CADAS prevention staff is available for classroom presentations for alcohol and drug prevention.
Please contact Jeremy at (423)756-7644 (x166) for further information.